Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Man's Best Friend (and Cutest)


Now, maybe I like this show because I'm obsessed with dogs (except ugly hairless tiny ones). Maybe I like this show because of the things I'd like to do with Elijah Wood. Maybe I even like it because it's actually just a good show. Whatever the reason, I like it.

Currently I'm watching the second episode, and Elijah Wood thinks that since Wilfred "told" him Jenna (the love interest) has a dick, so he's currently hinting at it in conversation with her.

Back to dogs quickly though. Why do I like LOVE dogs (especially more than cats). Dogs are loyal, loving, honest, and just super fun. Dogs don't trick you into doing something. They're always there when you need them. Whenever you're sad they're there for you to pet your sorrows away (granted, that might be a little selfish, but let's be real, both parties benefit). In psychological terms, dogs are all id. Wilfred is Ryan's (Elijah Wood) id.

Wilfred gets Ryan to indulge in all different kinds of pleasures from smoking the marijuana to pursuing girls, and even flicking off strangers who piss him off (granted, Wilfred does the flicking off, but obviously ( I hope obviously) a dog can't actually do that).

Blah blah analytical critique blah blah

The show is funny. I mean, the premise itself is ridiculous. Ryan sees a dog as a person/dog, a dog in human form, or I guess a human in a dog costume that everyone else perceives as a dog. Clearly this isn't going to be anything too deep, at least on the surface. Right now the show is able to get away with simple humor, like the man/dog peeing in public, or shoving his face between a willing woman's breasticles. I'm guessing as the show progresses more humor will have to come from the actual human interactions and dialogue, but for now I'm thoroughly enjoying watching the dog/man do his thing.

Overall, watch the show, enjoy the show, and we'll see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment